How Can You Pay It Forward?
If we have helped and supported you, pass the kindness on.
You can work out how best you can do this. Our suggestions include:
- supporting junior doctors (or senior colleagues)
- helping to change the culture of hospitals or other organisations to make them kinder and fairer
- oppose teaching by humiliation, adopt the attitude that if someone is keen to learn, then you are keen to teach
- have compassion for your patients, provide best possible care regardless of a patient’s financial situation
- this one is so obvious but is still worth saying – treat everyone equally regardless of their race / religion / sexual orientation
- support charities that aim to make the world a better place – go in a fun run, stop drinking for a month to raise money, donate or support worthwhile causes
- don’t put your head in the sand in regards to cruelty to animals – be aware that it happens and support charities that work to eliminate it, eg, Animals Australia